Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy July Endings

 So before all the visitor-excitement began, we were invited to McKenna Page's 3rd birthday party at ChuckECheese.  It included pizza, tokens, cake and games.  Joshua loved playing the games with his friends and I spent time chasing Kelsey around.  We did sit for the above pictures, which was fun.  I was quite pleased when, while I was walking Leah's baby around chasing Kelsey, the baby fell asleep and I was referred to as the "Baby Whisperer".  Yes!

In the end of July, Karl and Chrysta Richards came to stay for a couple of days on their way around the midwest.  They arrived the evening of the 22nd (Sunday) and left the following Wednesday.  I'd like to say that we entertained them, but they did an awfully good job entertaining themselves by going downtown to the Field Museum, taking pictures, and visiting the Museum of Science and Industry.

In their down time, Josh was just infatuated with Hudson.  I was quite pleased that he got along so well with his cousin (once removed...)
 Here's Canon.  Somehow I missed getting a picture of Keaton.  Sorry.

 Hudson was also great with Kelsey--especially at the restaurant.
 While they were here, Karl and Chrysta treated us to Lou Malnati's.  It was, as usual, a long wait for the pizza, but they reassured us that they LOVED the food.
 Cheesy, cheesy, yummy Lou Malnati's pizza


I was so excited to have been able to go with them to the Museum of Science and Industry.  Steve, sadly, had to work (thank you sweetie for your hard work!!!), but the kids and I got to go.  The exhibit for Myth Busters was especially cool and it was one of the big surprises that Karl and Chrysta had planned for their boys.  I really enjoyed pulling the table cloth out from under a set of dishes.

Thanks for the visit and come back any time Richards family!

No comments: