Thursday, March 10, 2011

Garfield Park Conservatory

Last Saturday, Joshua, Steve and I visited the nearby Garfield Park Conservatory. Here was our reasoning: free admission, free parking, living things in the dead of winter!

We were rewarded with stunning plants and we enjoyed looking at where they were all from. Steve particularly enjoyed the Polynesian plants and I loved the flower exhibit that they had going on.

Josh liked the flowers too.




Joshua particularly liked the Childrens' Gardens where they had fun little activities such as watering the plants, climbing stairs and sliding down the slide.

Steve in the Fern Room
Josh didn't care for his stroller
But he did care to play in the little waterfalls they had

We're grateful for free and living things!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I love that sheepish grin on your face as you watch Josh pick the flowers. Teehee.

Kristen Nufer said...

Gorgeous flower pictures! Josh is cute when he's crying.

Ashley said...

that looks like fun! we'll have to check that out soon, we do love free stuff ;)